Absaroka 4P Tent
The Absaroka 4P is a lightweight, spacious, 4 person tent designed for backcountry hunting. Built with dual doors, a removeable stove jack, and a tall pitch height to optimize wind sheer and snow shedding, the Absaroka is built for 4 season use and features sewn-in line-loc adjusters on all guy-out points for quick and easy pitching. Designed to be a spacious 4 person tent for riding out storms or 2 person mansion with a stove, the Absaroka strikes a balance between space, weight and size ideal for mountain hunting.
The Absaroka is built to be pitched with an optional single center pole (sold separately) or two trekking poles connected together, and is constructed with our ripstop polyester fabric that won't sag when wet, maintaining the usable space inside the tent. The Absaroka is sewn with a silicone coated thread and double lap-felled seams, making it highly water resistant out of the box.
The Abaroka 4P also comes with our ARC Removable Stove Jack System, designed to be run in lightweight mode or stove mode when you want a hot tent. With our zippered stove jack design, the removable stove jack allows you to keep tent weight and bulk to a minimum during warmer months if you aren't using a stove, while allowing stove use during the colder months, all with a single tent. Gone are the days of having to pack around a dedicated stove jack when you aren't using it.
The Absaroka 4P is ideal for four people and normal amounts of gear, or 2 people with a stove and lots of gear. The Absaroka can be used as a floorless shelter or with Absaroka 4P Insert with a bathtub floor/mesh insert for full double wall coverage (sold separately). A carbon fiber center pole can also be used to pitch the tent (sold separately).
The Absaroka 4P needs to be seam sealed to be fully waterproof. We include seam sealer with every tent, and for more information on seam sealing, check out our seam sealing instruction page.
- Lightweight-1.875 lbs (30 oz) shelter weight
- ARC Removable Stove Jack System-Easily zip in or zip out your stove jack to run your tent in stove jack or lightweight mode to save weight and bulk.
- No-Sag Fabric-The Ripstop SilPoly fabric we use has nearly no stretch when wet as polyester doesn't absorb water like other fabrics, maintaining interior usable space and eliminating the dreaded "tent sag" effect and keeping your tent light even in wet weather.
- Dual Doors-Easily get in and out with two full zip doors.
- Night Visibility-Reflective materials sewn into the tent make finding your tent at night easier.
- Versatile Pitching-The modified rectangular shape and line-loc adjusters allow the tent to be pitched against the ground to keep out drafts, or elevated for better air flow.
- Storm Worthy Protection-Steep wall angles and reinforced guy-out points create superior high wind performance and allows for snow shedding.
- Easy Double Wall Connection-Color matching guy-out points and quick-connect, adjustable line-locs make attaching and connecting the Insert (sold separately) quick, easy and fool-proof.
- Fabric-20D Ripstop SilPoly
- Fabric Coating-sil/sil 2000MM treatment
- Weight-30 oz in lightweight mode, 32 oz with stove jack attached
- Weight with 8 stakes- 32.4 oz in lightweight mode, 34.4 with stove jack attached.
- Peak Height-74"
- Minimum number of stakes-6
- Recommended number of stakes-8
- Packed size-9"x7"
- Zippers-YKK #5
- Stove Jack Diameter-3-3.25" and compatible with most stove pipe widths
- Absaroka 4P Tent
- ARC Removeable Stove Jack
- 8 Argali 7075 aluminum Piton Tent Stakes
- 1 tube of GearAid Seam Sealer (See here for more information on seam sealing)
- Absaroka 4P Insert-Purchase this bathtub floor and mesh tent to create a fully enclosed 2 wall tent.
- Absaroka 4P Carbon Fiber Center Pole
- Argali Piton Tent Stakes
- Skyline Ti Titanium Wood Stove