Absaroka 4P Tent
The Absaroka 4P will be back in stock Friday, March 8th at 9 a.m. MST. Sign up at the Notify Me When Available link above to receive a notification when they are back in stock.
The Absaroka 4P is a lightweight, spacious, 4 person tent designed for backcountry hunting. Built with dual doors, a removeable stove jack, and a tall pitch height to optimize wind sheer and snow shedding, the Absaroka is built for 4 season use and features sewn-in line-loc adjusters on all guy-out points for quick and easy pitching. Designed to be a spacious 4 person tent for riding out storms or 2 person mansion with a stove, the Absaroka strikes a balance between space, weight and size ideal for mountain hunting.
The Absaroka is built to be pitched with an optional single center pole (sold separately) or two trekking poles connected together, and is constructed with our ripstop polyester fabric that won't sag when wet, maintaining the usable space inside the tent. The Absaroka is sewn with a silicone coated thread and double lap-felled seams, making it highly water resistant out of the box.
The Absaroka 4P also comes with our ARC Removable Stove Jack System, designed to be run in lightweight mode or stove mode when you want a hot tent. With our zippered stove jack design, the removable stove jack allows you to keep tent weight and bulk to a minimum during warmer months if you aren't using a stove, while allowing stove use during the colder months, all with a single tent. Gone are the days of having to pack around a dedicated stove jack when you aren't using it.
The Absaroka 4P is ideal for four people and normal amounts of gear, or 2 people with a stove and lots of gear. The Absaroka can be used as a floorless shelter or with Absaroka 4P Insert with a bathtub floor/mesh insert for full double wall coverage (sold separately). A carbon fiber center pole can also be used to pitch the tent (sold separately). And if you want to make a hot tent, pair with our Skyline Ti Titanium Wood Stove.
The Absaroka 4P needs to be seam sealed to be fully waterproof. We include seam sealer with every tent, and for more information on how to seam seal your tent, check out our seam sealing instruction page, or we can seam seal your tent for you for a small fee (select Add Seam Sealing).
*If you select to have us seam seal your tent, expect 5-7 day delay in shipment
- Lightweight-1.875 lbs (30 oz) shelter weight
- ARC Removable Stove Jack System-Easily zip in or zip out your stove jack to run your tent in stove jack or lightweight mode to save weight and bulk.
- No-Sag Fabric-The Ripstop SilPoly fabric we use has nearly no stretch when wet as polyester doesn't absorb water like other fabrics, maintaining interior usable space and eliminating the dreaded "tent sag" effect and keeping your tent light even in wet weather.
- Dual Doors-Easily get in and out with two full zip doors.
- Interior Gear Hanging Loops-4 sewn in fabric loops near the top of the tent make hanging wet gear or a tent light easy. Can also run paracord through these loops to make a clothesline for drying out gear.
- Night Visibility-Reflective materials sewn into the tent make finding your tent at night easier.
- Versatile Pitching-The modified rectangular shape and line-loc adjusters allow the tent to be pitched against the ground to keep out drafts, or elevated for better air flow.
- Storm Worthy Protection-Steep wall angles and reinforced guy-out points create superior high wind performance and allows for snow shedding.
- Easy Double Wall Connection-Color matching guy-out points and quick-connect, adjustable line-locs make attaching and connecting the Insert (sold separately) quick, easy and fool-proof.
- Fabric-20D Ripstop SilPoly
- Fabric Coating-sil/sil 2000MM treatment
- Weight-30 oz in lightweight mode, 32 oz with stove jack attached
- Weight with 8 stakes- 32.4 oz in lightweight mode, 34.4 with stove jack attached.
- Peak Height-74"
- Minimum number of stakes-6
- Recommended number of stakes-8
- Packed size-9"x7"
- Zippers-YKK #5
- Stove Jack Diameter-3-3.25" and compatible with most stove pipe widths
- Absaroka 4P Tent
- ARC Removeable Stove Jack
- 8 Argali 7075 aluminum Piton Tent Stakes
- 1 tube of GearAid Seam Sealer (See here for more information on seam sealing)
- Absaroka 4P Full Insert-Purchase this bathtub floor and mesh tent to create a fully enclosed 2 wall tent.
- Absaroka 4P Half Insert-Fits half of the tent with bathtub floor and mesh to create a fully enclosed tent for 2 people. Can also use the Skyline Ti Stove with the Half Insert.
- Absaroka 4P Carbon Fiber Center Pole
- Argali Piton Tent Stakes
- Skyline Ti Titanium Wood Stove
I LOVE this tent. It's nice and lightweight, goes well with my stove, it's huge, but packs small. It will be great for when it's the wife, the dog and I, but won't be too much weight for just me.
Very impressive shelter, quality is top notch. Is a true 4P shelter and awesome to be able to stand up (hunched over) in the shelter to get changed.
Light weight, tons of room and super easy setup.
Tent is well built, with good durable zippers. Do yourself a favor and buy separate tent stakes. The stakes that come with this are not durable and bent while I was pushing them into the soft grass soil of my backyard. No way they would hold up being sent home with a rock in the backcountry. Stakes are inexpensive and having to purchase a separate set on a $400 is pretty bad.
I’ve used many floorless shelters in the last 15 years of backpack hunting. The Absaroka 4P is by far my favorite. I was worried about the quality at such a low price point but it has exceeded my expectations. Get this tent while it last at such a great price. I might buy another for backup.