Owyhee 1P Tent
The Owyhee 1P will be back in stock Friday March 8th at 9 a.m. MST. Sign up at the Notify Me When Available link above to receive a notification when they are back in stock.
Built For solo missions where light and fast principles are what matters most, the Owyhee 1P Tent is an ultralight 1 person shelter that pitches quickly and easily and will keep you dry in any weather. Designed to be a spacious 1P tent with enough room to sleep you and all your gear, the Owyhee is a single trekking pole pitch tent with a spacious interior that packs down to the size of a grapefruit.
With a modified hexagonal shape and 50" pitch height, the interior space is designed to provide a comfortable sleeping area for any person up to 6'3" tall, with 5 additional guy-out points around the tent that provide added tie-down points in windy weather. Split with roughly two-thirds of the interior dedicated to sleeping and the remaining dedicated to gear, the Owyhee has enough room for you and everything in your pack.
The Owyhee 1P is made from our lightweight, durable and extremely waterproof Nano-Ripstop silpoly fabric that won't sag when wet, maintaining the interior space of the tent in wet weather.
The Owyhee can be run as a floorless shelter, or with the integrated Owyhee 1P Insert (sold separately) with a bathtub floor and mesh netting. When both pieces are used together, the insert occupies approximately two-thirds of the tent, leaving a vestibule for gear. While the Owyhee 1P is designed to be pitched with a single trekking pole, you can use our Rincon 2P Carbon Fiber Pole if you want a dedicated pole for the tent.
The Owyhee is fast and easy to pitch and has sewn in line-loc adjusters on all guy-out points for quick and easy pitching adjustments. Pitch it low to the ground for full weather protection and to block drafts, or higher to allow for more air flow.
- Ultralight-14 ounce shelter weight; 16.4 ounces with tent and stakes; 34.2 ounces with tent, Insert (sold separately) and 6 stakes.
- No-Sag Fabric-The Ripstop SilPoly fabric we use has nearly no stretch when wet as polyester doesn't absorb water, maintaining interior usable space and eliminating the dreaded "tent sag" effect.
- Trekking Pole Pitch-Designed to pitched with a single trekking pole
- Night Visibility-Reflective materials sewn into the tent make finding your tent at night easier.
- Versatile and Fast Pitching-The modified rectangular shape and line-loc adjusters allow the tent to be pitched against the ground to keep out drafts, or elevated for better airflow.
- Storm Worthy Protection-2000mm double silicone coated Nano-Ripstop fabric, 5 additional mid guy-out points and double lap-felled seams create superior performance in high wind and heavy rain conditions.
- Easy Double Wall Connection-Quick-connect, adjustable line-locs make attaching and connecting the Insert quick, easy and fool-proof.
- Tent Fabric-20D Nano-Ripstop SilPoly
- Top Cone Reinforcement-X-Pac
- Fabric Coating-sil/sil 2000MM treatment
- Weight-14 ounces for tent (fly) and stuff sack
- Weight with 6 stakes-16.4 ounces with fly and 6 stakes (including stuff sacks)
- Weight with tent, insert and 6 stakes: 34.2 ounces (2.1 lbs) (with stuff sacks)
- Footprint-39.11 sq ft.
- Minimum number of stakes-6
- Recommended number of stakes-6
- Packed size-5"x4"
- Zippers- YKK #5
- Owyhee 1P Tent
- 6 Argali 7075 aluminum Piton Tent Stakes
- 5 supplemental 2mm guyout cords with mini line-locs
- 1 tube seam sealer
I have strayed away from 1 person shelters as they are typically too small for the average person and gear, especially when hunting backcountry. However, the Owyhee has proved that theory wrong.
- Ultra packable
On a recent pack-in, my partner had a "shelter" issue and was potentially sleeping in a ground tarp or make-shift fly. It was not raining, so we used the Owyhee fly and a ground tarp. At 6', my hunting partner was able to sleep sheltered and comfortable inside the rainfly. Not optimal for multiple sleeps, but it worked in a pinch. Certainly not possible with other 1 person shelters.
Easy to pitch, and I love the inserts.
This thing is a great little shelter.
I have been putting it to use in the New Zealand backcountry. Very happy with it, with or without the inner its great. Lightweight, quick to pitch and weather tight. Thanks Brad and you crew for the excellant addition to my pack. I can email you some pictures of it in action if ypu would like :+1:
As a high country bow hunter I love this tipi. Pitches and breaks down in no time. I can store my kit and weapon in the shelter with ease. I took it out for a scout trip recently and was very impressed. I have been running the big agnes fly creek p1 the last few years and the Owyhee goes up faster, has more room, and is half the weight. September can't come soon enough
This is my first single person tent and I had some concerns about not having enough room. When I set up this tent it blew me away. The amount of room you have in this thing is absolutely insane. I’m 5’ 10” and 210lbs and I don’t have any issues with not having enough room. I can easily lay down and extend my arms past my head and not have my fingers or toes touch either end with the insert in. There’s plenty of room side to side in the insert as well. I haven’t got to put it to the test yet but as of now it has completely exceeded my expectations. This thing is plenty solid and I can’t wait to get it out in some weather. The only issue I had was getting the correct pitch but after setting it up a few times it’s not a problem anymore. Set up is quick and easy once you get the hang of it.
I am very impressed with this tent! I was worried about the space because I like to have my gear covered but the vestibule handles my bow, boots, and exo 4800 pack great. Plenty of room to sit up and get dressed ( I am 5’10”). I was mainly looking to streamline my setup with time and weight. This thing pitches way faster than my Nemo hornet tent. Even with the insert I save weight and space. I love the option to not have to use the insert as well. Seems to be great quality. I am loving all that you all are putting out there! It will get the true test this fall but excited to have it in my arsenal.